Wednesday, July 8, 2009

27th Principle of Freedom

The Burden of Debt is as Destructive to Freedom as Subjugation by Conquest.

So I did an internet search and found that the national debt as of 7 July 2009 is $11,523,843,053,689.95 (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np). That is an increase of $3,272,817,666.58 since 6 July 2009. Just so you know that was an increase of $37,879.83 every second for that 24 hour period.

The United States of America population as of this writing is estimated at 306,867,949 (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html). I divided the amount of the national debt by the number of people and that equals $37,553.10 for every single individual in the United States of America. That means that $225,318.60 is my family's share of the national debt.

If that doesn't frighten you: The United States' biggest foreign creditor, or owner of US debt, is China at $772 BILLION as of May 2009. Your individual debt to communist China is $2,515.74, or $15,094.44 for a family of six. I just have to wonder why China has purchased 24% of our foreign debt and Japan 20% when other nations only own 6% or less. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt)

I don't know about you, but if all the debts were called in, I would not have the ability to pay off my portion of the debt. Even if just China called in their debts, I'd be hard pressed to come up with $15,000. What strings are attached to this debt? What would happen if China suddenly demanded payment in full? How about China AND Japan? How would it affect your family if you were personally in unsecured debt in the amounts listed here for individuals and families? (I hope you're not.) I wouldn't feel free if I was facing that oppressive burden. I would have to work 4 1/2 years as a slave with my labor valued at $50,000 per year to pay off my family's portion of the national debt. That is NOT liberty, is not freedom.

By the way, if you happen to have eleven trillion, six-hundred billion dollars laying around, please make your check out to 'The Bureau of the Public Debt' and send it to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Public Debt
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

Your donation would be greatly appreciated, but you must act fast before even that amount won't make a difference anymore.

No comments: