Sunday, June 21, 2009

The 5000 Year Leap

At our June 2009 ‘Leadership Education Colloquium” in North Pole, Alaska we discussed Part I of ‘The 5000 Year Leap’ by Cleon Skousen and the US Constitution. We had a warm (read semi-heated) and friendly discussion on many topics not limited to either Skousen’s book or the Constitution. For our July colloquium we will be discussing Part II of “The 5000 Year Leap” which is composed of “the 28 principles of Freedom our Founding Fathers said must be understood and perpetuated by every people who desire peace, prosperity, and freedom.” (back cover, The 5000 Year Leap)

I will add two posts each weekday morning (we’ll see if I can actually keep up) from 22 June through 9 July about each of these principles. Hopefully it will be as enlightening and informational for you as it will be for me to study and write about it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Michael, I can't wait to read the posts! Wish I was there...

Tate Family said...

Michael, I believe that was the best discussion yet. I'm still "discussing" your question on making my children think.
I'm glad your posting each morning. I can't wait to read them.